Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Wonderful World of Smart Playlists

Second Semester begins tomorrow and I have been in town since last Wednesday, so you could imagine I have a fair share of free time.  In my free time I began cleaning out some of my iTunes library (I know, I'm lame), whether it be duplicate songs or songs I have no desire to listen to anymore.  After dedicating about 35-45 minutes towards that task, I sat and thought of easier ways to filter the songs that I haven't listened to in quite a while or songs that I listen to alot (in terms of playcount)  that I haven't taken the time to rate (yes, you can do that in iTunes).

I decided to Google some ideas for smart playlists and here are some links to some pretty good ideas:




Now if you'll excuse me, I have football to watch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've realized within the last month or so, that I listen to most of my songs that I have recently added. That's how I have mine sorted. But just because I sort it by date, it has no relevance to my musical tastes at that point in time. It's just a general gathering of music, but I always listen to what I just recently downloaded. What I'm trying to say is, that I forgot the lyrics to hit me baby one more time because I downloaded it such a long time ago.

I might be the only person that has it sorted by date.

Anonymous said...

That was a pain in the ass to post just so you know. I haven't used Wordpress in a long time. Its Pat by the way